Check out our Class Schedule Here!
Yoga is about discovering who you are. It is about taking the time to breathe, and focus on your thoughts, your body and your natural alignment. It is a time to breathe in fully. In our hectic busy fast paced world we do not even take the time to breathe fully, we even rush the very things that ensure our survival.
Yoga is an ancient practice, stemming back more than 5,000 years.
Yoga…. In Sanskrit yoga means to unite. Uniting the body, mind and spirit through practice of physical postures and proper breathing.
With continued practice you will feel the full benefits of yoga, realizing how it benefits you in ways you would never have thought. It is on the mat that you will discover your true self for it is only you on the mat. No competition. Just you. You will amaze yourself with your abilities as they grow. Yoga is the first step on a journey towards a happier, healthier, more relaxed you. Come, let me be your guide…
Yoga is for everyone. Regardless of age, physical limitations or level of fitness yoga can benefit any person. With the growing popularity of yoga, it has become unaffordable for most people to attend regular classes. Our studio is located in downtown Whitby, at the four corners, in the beautiful Historic Toronto Dominion Building on the southeast corner, 101 Brock St S. At Fountain of Youth Yoga we keep yoga affordable as we believe that that the benefits of yoga should be available to everyone.
Through continued yoga practice with yoga you will develop:
- a more positive outlook on life
- the ability to deal with disappointment and adversity
- the ability to love, accept and forgive ones self
- love for life
- gratitude for what you are already blessed with
Everyone experiences different benefits from yoga. Yoga is now being recommended by doctors to patients suffering from a wide range of ailments (including chronic pain, anxiety, autoimmune disorders, Crohn’s, etc.). Benefits of yoga include:
- Increase in overall energy- feeling revitalized
- Weight loss
- Increased range of motion and flexibility
- Added focus
- Improved posture and alignment
- Nervous system functionality
- Balancing hormonal changes or imbalances
- Strength training- especially on the body’s core
- Relaxation/ Stress Relief
- Preparation for longer and clearer meditations
- Building community & also awareness about one’s self and one’s life past